Here I am going to tell you about world cup host countries and FIFA World Cup. The World Cup competition has been rewarded every four years since the first competition in 1930 (except in 1942 and 1946 because of World War II).
Brazil and Germany had the tender for the 1942 World Cup; though no vote was taken to decide a host. Columbia was chosen as host for the 1986 competition but withdrew four years before the start date. Mexico finally organized the occasion. In 2002, for the first and probably the last time the event was hosted by Japan and South Korea.
The champion hosts for 2018 and 2022 were declared on 2 December 2010, with the champion Russia and Qatar. For some, China is considered most wanted for the 2026 World Cup, and then the event would probably return to Europe in 2030 before perhaps going to the US or South America and then Africa, then to the Asian in 2042.
Read About: 2018 World Cup Qualifying How It Works
The table here lists the host country for each tournament. Click on the country names for more information about each Football World Cup host.
|2002||Japan & South Korea|
FIFA World Cup
Dear readers Welcome my site with great info about the FIFA World Cup (also commonly called the Football World Cup, The World Cup, or just World Cup).
- 1942 World Cup [Jun ’14]
- List of World Cup Awards [May ’14]
- Women’s world cup next host Canada in 2015[Jun ’11]
- new host countries Russia 2018 and Qatar 2022. [Dec ’10]
- all time world cup top goal scorers [Sep ’10]
- golden ball winners [Jun ’10]
- stadia and cities of Brazil 2014 [May ’10]
- World Cup Mascots [May ’10]
- Goal Trivia [May ’10]
- World Cup Videos [May ’10]
Did you know that Soccer is played on every continent and the soccer World Cup is the most proffered and viewed event in the world, over 30 billion people enjoy and watch the 2006 World Cup in Germany and even more in South Africa 2010. 30 Billion – that’s more than the world’s populace I hear you say. Well, this figure is an accrued viewer, meaning if people watched more than one game, which most people did, they were counted every time.
Best wishes and congratulations to Spain, the 2010 winners. The next event is in 2018 in Russia. It will be held 14 June – 15 July 2018. Also best wishes to the future hosts Qatar.
- Want to amaze your friends with facts and figures? Have a glance at the World Cup Trivia section.
- Here is a list of previous champions, and the history of the World Cup. Next to host this inaugural event
- Was Brazil in 2010? Observe all the FIFA World Cup Awards
- And don’t forget, the women also have their own Women’s World Cup, which was last held in Germany in 2011, and the next competition is to take place in Canada in 2015.
I hope you must have enjoyed reading it. Share it with your friends and family members. Remember to leave your feedback in the comment box below.
What's Your Reaction?
Farida is well educated and experienced Article writer.She loves to write about different topics.She loves writing and doing different kind of yoga poses because she is a great yoga trainer and beauty expert.She starts her day with amazing yoga exercises and blog writing .