This is best and delicious broccoli cheese soup. It is easy to make and perfect healthy food, and it is ready within 1 hour. It is too much taste I could not stop eating this soup when I start to eat it. I ate couple straight a day for lunch and dinner until it was gone. I made it healthier soup by using low sodium vegetable rather than chicken stock.
If you think about this soup, it was made with heavy cream based on how rich, thick and truly decadent it tastes. Every person doesn’t like broccoli but it like when it’s bathed in a creamy, cheesy broth. In this soup, I used a large amount of broccoli because I love broccoli and prefer big chunks of broccoli in every bite but you can use as you like. Here are some optional spices like mustard powder, smoked paprika and cayenne pepper. The cayenne does not make the soup hot, and it makes it not boring. This is a most rewarded with the best, creamiest, richest and most unusual soup. Mention below its recipe, you must try to make it and send me your experiences me waiting.
Read About: Creamy Thai Carrot Soup with Basil
Serve: 6 to 8
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
Total time: 1 hour
- 1 tablespoon + 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 1 small/medium sweet yellow onion, diced small
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced finely
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups low-sodium vegetable stock (chicken stock may be substituted)
- 2 cups fat-free half-and-half (regular half-and-half may be substituted; whole milk or 2% milk will work, but soup won’t be as creamy)
- 2 to 3 cups broccoli florets, diced into bite-size pieces + 1 cups stems, optional (I used 3
- cups florets and 1 cup stem as not to waste them)
- 2 large carrots, trimmed, peeled, and sliced into fragile rounds, about 1/16th-inch
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika or regular paprika, optional and to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard powder, optional and to taste
- pinch cayenne pepper, optional and to taste (doesn’t make soup spicy and serves to enhance flavor)
- 8 ounces grated high-quality extra-sharp cheddar cheese, with a small amount reserved for garnishing bowls
Read About: Bacon Potato Soup
In a small pan, heat 1 tablespoon butter, then add chopped onion and cook over medium-low heat for 4 minutes until onion is translucent and lightly brown. Stir frequently. Now add garlic and sauté additional 30 seconds, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat and set aside.
In a large heavy skillet, add 4 tbsps. Butter, flour and sauté over medium high heat, for 3 to 5 minutes, always toss until flour thickens. You are making a roux, and it’s imperative the mixture is thick.
Slowly add all vegetables, stir constantly. Now add the half and the half, whisking occasionally. Allow mixture to boil over low heat for about 15 to 20 minutes, until it is reduced and thicker some. Toss continuously to incorporate the skin that inevitably forms this is normal.
While mixture is boiled, chop the broccoli and carrots, after cooking 15 to 20 minutes; add the carrots, broccoli, onion and garlic you formerly set aside.
Read About: Beef and Tomato Macaroni Soup
Add salt, pepper, optional paprika, optional dry mustard powder and optional cayenne. If you don’t like these seasonings on hand, it’s okay, but you add subtle depth of flavor. Mix to combine.
Allow soup to boil over low heat for 20 to 25 minutes until it has reduced and thickened whisk intermittently to reincorporate the skin that inevitably forms, and this is normal.
While the soup simmers, place the cheese. You must use a high-quality cheese because soup taste is depending on the flavor of the cheese. After simmering about 20 to 25 minutes, add most of the cheese, reserving a few garnishing bowls. Stir in the cheese until melted thoroughly, less than 1 minute.
Transfer the soup to bowls, dressing with reserved cheese, and serve immediately. Soup will keep airtight for 5 to 7 days in the freezer.
Read About: Chicken Wild Rice Soup
What's Your Reaction?
Sophia has a great experienced in Astrology and very well known blog writer. Sophia is a great fan of new adventure. She starts her day with one pinch of astrology and a hot cup of latte. She loves reading, watching Movies, and traveling.