The Spanish chicken and rice recipe is a classic of Latin American foods and has a lot of versions. A chicken and rice recipe for dinner is a burst of mouthwatering flavors with each bite. It comes in a flash and necessitates only one pot. Spanish Chicken and Rice Recipe is a perfect weeknight meal that the entire family will love to eat.
Different families cook this dish their way of cooking. Some people cook it with chicken breast instead of bone-in chicken. Some people use skin-on chicken thighs in a recipe for chicken casserole. If you like to use skinless and boneless chicken, go ahead and see the Spanish chicken and rice recipe below.
I like this recipe because it is very easy to make and very appropriate to eat too. All the yummy ingredients are mixed and ready to go in your month. Are you ready to eat?
This chicken and rice recipes for dinner have an entire balanced meal in just one bowl. You’ve carbs, veggies, and protein in one dish. Below are the two types of recipes:
1. Spanish Chicken and Rice Recipe
- 6 chicken thighs, bone-in, and skin-on
- 1 green bell pepper seeded and sliced
- 3 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, slowed and chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion, peeled and chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups Kroger long grain rice
- 1 ½ cups white wine
- 1 ½ cups Simply Organic chicken broth
- ½ cup green olives halved
- 1 15-ounce can Kroger diced tomatoes
- 2 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. saffron threads, crushed
- 1 bay leaf
- 8 ounces Spanish chorizo, wedged into ¼ thick coins
- 1 15-ounce can Kroger garbanzo beans, drained
- ¼ cup Italian flat leaf parsley, chopped
First of all, preheat the oven to 365oF. Use ½ teaspoon black pepper and one teaspoon kosher salt for the season of chicken thighs. Heat a Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
When the pot is hot, then combine the olive oil. Cook the chicken until golden brown, about 5 minutes on each side. Raise the chicken to a platter and cover it with a foil and set aside.
In a medium bowl add the onion, red and green bell pepper and cook for 4-5 minutes or until the vegetables moderate, stir continually. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute, until fragrant, stir, so the garlic doesn’t burn. Now, add the rice into the bowl and cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring seldom.
Add wine, chicken broth, diced tomatoes, garbanzo beans, the baby leaf, and smoked paprika. Stir in the saffron strands and the sliced chorizo and add the chicken back into the Dutch oven cushioning the chicken smithereens into rice.
Cover with cap and bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes, until chicken registers 165oF and rice have fascinated all of the watery. Topping with green olives and flat leaf of parsley serve and enjoy.
See another Recipe: Indian Spiced Rice Lentil Salad
2. Chicken with Rice Spanish Style
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup red pepper, cut into small cubes
- 3 cloves garlic, finely sliced
- 1/4 cup green onion, finely sliced
- 1 cup green pepper, cut into small cubes
- 3 boneless chicken breasts, slice into small pieces
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 cup rice
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 tsp. saffron or 1 packet of flavoring with saffron
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables (corn, carrots and green beans), unfrozen
Heat 2 tablespoon oil in a wide skillet over medium heat, add onion, peppers, green onion, and garlic, and cook for 3-5 minutes until onion is translucent. Transfer to a platter and set aside. Season chicken with salt and pepper, to taste.
Add one tablespoon oil to the skillet and cook chicken for 8-10 minutes, until lightly browned. Remove and cover it. Now add one tablespoon oil in the same pan, add rice, and cook for 1 minute, stir continuously.
Transfer chicken, saffron, onion mixture, chicken, and mix well. When saffron mix well, then add the veggies and mix well and cook over medium-high heat, until most of the liquid has disappeared. Cover with closer and reduce the heat to low and bake for 15 -20 minutes until rice is cooked. Serve it hot.
See another Recipe: White Rice with Vegetables Recipe
What's Your Reaction?
Sophia has a great experienced in Astrology and very well known blog writer. Sophia is a great fan of new adventure. She starts her day with one pinch of astrology and a hot cup of latte. She loves reading, watching Movies, and traveling.