Mini Christmas cakes
If you like better a lighter fruitcake at Christmas, then these muffin-sized cakes are just perfect for you. Prepare for a simple all-in-one sponge cake mix they are so much faster to make than a classic fruit cake also! To give the cakes a boozier taste, soak the dried fruit in 2 tbsp rum or brandy for 1-2 hrs before adding to the sponge mixture. For a more sophisticated decoration replace the glace icing with blanched almonds, pecans, sliced dried apricots and mixed colored glace cherries then cover with honey or syrup.
Read About: White Chocolate and Raspberry Gateau
This cake recipe is full of nutrients for you as butter is very healthy for you. The cake is everyone’s favorite dish at Christmas occasion.Butter is very healthy. It is One of the many useful vitamins we get from butter is Vitamin A, which has a vast range of function for our bodies. Vitamin A is required to maintain good visualization. It also maintains our endocrine system is working well. Aside from Vitamin A, butter also has other fat-soluble vitamins such as Vitamin D, E and K.You can obtain the significant amount of fatty acids from butter, which are amazing for protecting your body and boosting metabolism. It even has anti-microbial abilities that are excellent for fighting pathogenic microorganisms that live in the intestinal tract.
Read About: Mary Berry Christmas cake
- 175g butter softened
- 12 glace cherries
- 175g light, soft brown sugar
- Three eggs, beaten
- 175g self-raising flour
- 2tsp ground mixed spice
- 115g mixed dried fruit
- ½tsp baking powder
- 2tbsp brandy or orange juice
- 115g icing sugar
- 1-2tbsp hot water
- Holly leaves, to decorate
For smaller cakes divide the combination between 2 x 12-hole buns trays and bake for 20-25 minutes.
Read About: Ice Cream Sandwich Cake
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4. Thoroughly grease a non-stick 12-hole muffin tray and place a circle of baking paper in the base of each hole.
- Put the butter, sugar, eggs, flour, baking powder and mixed spice in a big bowl and beat for 3-4 minutes until it is pale and creamy. Fold in the dried mixed fruit and brandy or orange juice.
- Spoon the combination into the prepared muffin tray. Bake for 25-30 minutes until risen and golden and a skewer inserted into one of the cakes comes out clean. Leave on the tray for 3-4 minutes then turn out onto a wire rack and leave to make it cold entirely.
- Sift the icing sugar into a bowl and stir in enough of the warm water to make a smooth and thick icing. Spoon the icing on the top of the cakes, letting it gradually drizzle down the sides. Top each cake with a glace cherry and a couple of holly leaves. Leave to set.
Read About: Christmas Cake With Royal Icing
Share this recipe with your friends and family members. Remember to leave your feedback in the comment box below.
What's Your Reaction?
Farida is well educated and experienced Article writer.She loves to write about different topics.She loves writing and doing different kind of yoga poses because she is a great yoga trainer and beauty expert.She starts her day with amazing yoga exercises and blog writing .