Passion fruit may be one of the sweetest, delicious and tart fruit on the face of the plant. Passion fruit Panna Cotta is commonly called by Passion fruit, Granadilla, Purple Granadilla and yellow Passion fruit. Passions fruits are native to subtropical wild regions of South America, probably originated in Paraguay. Botanically passion fruit belongs to the family of Passifloraceae and its scientific name is Passiflora edulis.
The passion fruit plant requires well drained fertile soil. It grows quickly and reaches about 15 to 20 feet per annum once established. Its average life rate is about 5 to 7 years. Passion fruits have over 5 hundred types, however, only two types yellow and purple are widely cultivated.
Health benefits of Passion Fruit
- Passion fruit is very delicious and is full of antioxidants, minerals, vitamins and fiber. 100-gram fruit provides 97 calories.
- Passion fruit is an excellent source of dietary fiber. 100-gram passion contains 27% of fiber. Fiber is used to remove the cholesterol from the body.
- Passion fruit is also a rich source of vitamins C and A. 100 gram fruit is deliver 30 mg vitamin C and 1274 IU of vitamin A. vitamin A are essential for good eyesight. Vitamin A is also required for maintaining healthy mucus membranes and skin. Flavonoids and vitamin A may help to protect from lung and oral cavity cancers.
- Fresh passion is very good source of potassium. 100-gram fruit delivered 348 mg of potassium. Potassium is important components of body fluids, cells, regulate heart rate and blood pressure.
- Furthermore, passion fruit is a very rich source of minerals, iron, copper, magnesium and phosphorus.
Read About: Finger Fish
- 1/4 cup agave nectar
- 1 cup 10% cream (half and half cream)
- 1 cup plain Greek Yogurt
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp gelatin powder
- 2 tsp grated lemon zest
- 3 Tbsp passion fruit pulp and seeds
Add lemon juice and gelatin powder in a small bowl, stir together. The mixture will solidify somewhat within minutes.
Ina small pan, meanwhile, combine agave and cream over low medium heat until it becomes hot to the touch but not boiling. Transfer the cream mixture into a medium size bowl and add lemon juice mixture. Combine with a whisk.
Add Greek yogurt, passion fruit pulp and grated lemon zest to the cream mixture and stir until well combined.
Divided dough among 4 small bowls (4 cups with ½ inch of dough). You can also use silicone muffin cups which create it easy to issue the panna cotta once set.
Transfer the Panna cotta into refrigerator for 2 hours or ideally for 4 hours. The dessert will become the density of custard. Lemon Passion fruit panna cotta is ready and now serves it.
Read About: Baked Honey Bourbon Chicken Wings
What's Your Reaction?
Sophia has a great experienced in Astrology and very well known blog writer. Sophia is a great fan of new adventure. She starts her day with one pinch of astrology and a hot cup of latte. She loves reading, watching Movies, and traveling.