Beans and legumes as chickpeas, edamame, and lentils salads are our most favorite salads and very healthy for us no doubt, they also surprise us for keeping full until the next meal. Moreover, many bean-based salads are good as leftovers (hello, killer brown-bag lunch). Here is a fantastic recipe for you.
Read About: Indian Spiced Rice Lentil Salad
Lebanese Lemon-Parsley Bean Salad
The Legumes: kidney beans and chickpeas.
A pleasantly crispy and fulfilling bean salad bursting with Mediterranean flavors, including lemon, garlic, and fresh herbs. This healthy salad is vegan and gluten free, but mostly just tasty! The mixture is excellent for us. The word salad is derived from Latin word “sal” comes from French, which means salt or salty. It’s a fantastic recipe called Top 5 Healthy and Best Recipes of Salad. Salads used in different kinds of foods items which include fruits, vegetables, grains, and eggs, etc. Salads may be served at any time during the meal such as appetizer salads, dessert salads, and palate-cleaning salads. Salad is a small dish composed of a variety of different uncooked raw vegetables, fruits, meats, etc. usually consisting of green vegetables
- 2 (14 ounces) cans red kidney beans, rinsed and drained, or 3 cups cooked kidney beans
- 1 (14 ounces) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained, or 1½ cups cooked chickpeas
- Two stalks celery, sliced in half or thirds lengthwise and chopped
- One small red onion diced
- 1 ripe red tomato, chopped (skip if you can’t find a great tomato)
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced
- ¾ cup chopped fresh parsley
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill or mint
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, pressed or minced
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- small pinch red pepper flakes
- In a serving bowl, join the ready kidney beans, chickpeas, onion, celery,
- Tomato, cucumber, parsley and dill (or mint).
- Make the lemon dressing: in a little bowl, beat jointly the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper flakes as it emulsified. Transfer dressing over the bean and vegetable combination and toss carefully. Serve instantly for the most flavor, or let it marinate in the refrigerator, covered, for a couple of hours or longer.
- Adapted fromEthnic Cuisine: How to make the Authentic Flavors of Over 30 International Cuisines by Elisabeth
- Yields about six 1-cup servings. Leftovers should keep well, covered and refrigerated, for many days. If essential, wake up leftovers with a little intersperse of salt or sprinkle with lemon juice.
Did you make this recipe?
Share this recipe with your friends and family members. Remember to leave your feedback in the comment box below.
What's Your Reaction?
Farida is well educated and experienced Article writer.She loves to write about different topics.She loves writing and doing different kind of yoga poses because she is a great yoga trainer and beauty expert.She starts her day with amazing yoga exercises and blog writing .