It is the very healthier recipe for you which is Lentil Salad, and the recipe is very easy to make and appetizing salad recipe. Make this recipe for your friends and family members it’s magically very healthy. Let’s know about it.
The salad is very healthy for us. The word salad is derived from Latin word “sal” comes from French, which means salt or salty. Salads used in different kinds of foods items which include fruits, vegetables, grains, and eggs, etc. Salads may be served at any time during the meal such as appetizer salads, dessert salads, and palate-cleaning salads. The salad is a small dish composed of a variety of different uncooked raw vegetables, fruits, meats, etc. usually consisting of green vegetables.
Indian Spiced Rice Lentil Salad
Serves: 6 servings
- 1 cups basmati rice, rinsed and drained
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup dried lentils, rinsed and drained
- One tablespoon oil
- ½ red onion, finely chopped
- Two cloves garlic, minced
- One tablespoon ginger, minced
- One small jalapeno, seeds, and membranes removed, minced
- 1½ teaspoons garam masala
- 1½ teaspoons cumin
- One handful cilantro
- Two teaspoons salt
- One teaspoon sugar
- 4⅓ cups water
- ½ cup golden raisins
- Six cherry tomatoes, quartered
- One small cucumber, chopped
- One handful mint leaves
- One tablespoon lemon juice
- ⅓ cup yogurt
- In the heavy saucepan over medium heat, toast the almonds until they are brown and become fragrant, take away them from the pan and set aside.
- Put in the oil and stir fry the onion, garlic, ginger, and jalapeno as they leave fragrant, about 1 minute. Mix in the garam masala and cumin and bake for 30 seconds. Transfer to the water and stir in the salt and sugar. Bring the combination to a boil.
- Decrease the heat to a boil and add the lentils. Cook the lentils for 5 minutes. Add the rice and raisins and return to a simmer. Boil uncovered for 5 min. Decrease to a simmer and cover. Cook as the water is engrossed, about 8 minutes. Take away the rice from the heat and let it sit, covered, for 10 min.
- Mix in the tomato, cucumber, and reserved toasted almonds. Mix up in the mint leaves and cilantro, reserving some for the top.
- Combine the yogurt and lemon juice and sprinkle over the rice salad. Garnish with the remaining herb leaves. Serve at room temperature.
Did you make this recipe?
Share this recipe with your friends and family members. Remember to leave your feedback in the comment box below.