Death toll at least 120 in Paris terror attacks
At least 120 people are dead in shootings and explosions around Paris, many of them in a modern concert hall where patrons were taken the hostage, police, and medical officials say. Yahoo News is following the latest in the live blog below.
What we know:
- Death toll reported being at least 120 following a series of coordinated terror attacks in Paris on Friday evening.
- French President François Hollande has declared a state of emergency, closed French borders and mobilized 1,500 troops to Paris streets.
- Among the dead, French media says more than 100 concertgoers killed during a siege at Bataclan concert hall. The U.S. band, Eagles of Death Metal, were performing a sold-out show at the venue, which is near the offices of Charlie Hebdo. A witness at Bataclan tells AFP an attacker shouted: “This is for Syria.” During the police raid, one terrorist was killed, but two committed suicide by detonating their bomb belts, according to a police official on iTele.
- French police also confirm three casualties following a bombing at Gate J of Stade de France football arena, north of Paris, during a France-Germany friendly match.
- Head of Paris police says all attackers are believed to be dead, although authorities are hunting for any possible accomplices.
- At least one terrorist opened fire at Petit Cambodge restaurant in Paris’s 10th district, and nearby Le Carillon Bar. Attacks also reported at Les Halles bar and Belle Equipe bar, BBC says.
- President Barack Obama vows to do “whatever it takes” to bring terrorists to justice.
- No specific threats but New York, Boston and other cities in the U.S. bolstered security on Friday night.
- American Airlines delays Paris flights; United operates as planned.
- Information number for tourists in Paris: +33 (0) 1 45 55 80 00
For more Details visit Yahoo News
What's Your Reaction?
Farida is well educated and experienced Article writer.She loves to write about different topics.She loves writing and doing different kind of yoga poses because she is a great yoga trainer and beauty expert.She starts her day with amazing yoga exercises and blog writing .