In chocolate chunk cookies with almond uses heart-healthy canola oil in its place of butter, and brown rice syrup, most important no white sugar, which is absorbed more slowly by the body and can decrease blood-sugar points, instead of brown sugar.
Read About: Best Snickerdoodle Cookie Recipe
Health Benefits of Chocolate
Chocolate is made from tropical Theobroma cacao tree seeds. The initial use of chocolate dates back to the Olmec civilization in Meso-America. After the innovation of Americas, chocolate becomes very common in Europe and its demand blasted. Cacao is a powerful punch of chocolate taste source. Chocolate is also packed with healthy chemicals flavonoids and Theobromine, this is diseases killing bullet. Add Milk, butter, and sugar in chocolate for good taste and good health. The potential benefits of eating chocolate are said to include; reducing the cholesterol levels, cognitive prevention decline and reducing the risk of cardiovascular problems. Study after study proved that chocolate is good for more than curing a broken heart. But what effects does eating chocolate have on our body?
- Chocolate may help to reduce the cholesterol levels in our body.
- Chocolate may prevent memory deterioration.
- Chocolate may reduce the heart diseases risk.
- Chocolate may prevent stroke.
Makes 20 cookies
- 1/2 cup almonds, toasted and coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup (3 1/2 ounces) granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup (2 1/2 ounces) light brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda, spooned and leveled
- 1 1/2 cups (6 3/4 ounces) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips, coarsely chopped
Read About: Pink Pinwheel Cookies
In a large skillet, add canola oil, sugar, egg, rice syrup, water and vanilla, toss together until completely blended. Add flours, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl and mixed. Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and stir well to combine. Add toasted and chopped almonds and chocolate chips into the bowl and stir into the dough. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or as long as overnight.
Preheat the oven 350 degrees. Line two cookies sheets with baking paper. Scoop the dough by rounded tbsp. Place onto a lined baking sheets spaced about 2 inches apart. Bake for 7 to 10 minutes until golden brown. Let the cookies transfer on the tray for a minute to a rack to cool completely. Cookies ready and serve it.
Note: I love chocolate chunk cookies. It is useful for everyone and also useful for sugar and diabetes patients. I make chocolate chunk cookies, and now you must try it and send me the feedback and also informed me how you make cookies. Cookies are best served the Day THEY are Made.
Read About: Cookies…. Yummy