Roast Chestnuts This Holiday Season!
If you’ve ever eaten a chestnut, eat it after peeling away the fluffy inner skin. The inside of a roasted chestnut is supple, warm, and sweet. Must try this easy, tasty recipe at this Jolly Good Christmas Party, you will like it.
1 pound chestnuts
A pointed knife works better for scoring your chestnuts.
- Heat up your oven to 425°F.
- Score a large X on the smooth side of each chestnut.
- Bake chestnuts for about 30 minutes; shake the pan to make it softer.
- When it is cool, peel chestnuts and eat!
- It is 1 pound of roasted chestnuts.
Read About: Snowflake Christmas Cake
Rosemary and Smoked Salt Roasted Almonds
Read About: Magical Christmas Cake Recipes
Yield: 2 cups
Total Time: 25 minutes
- One egg white (2 tablespoons)
- leaves from 2 sprigs fresh rosemary stem discarded
- 2 cups raw almonds
- 2 teaspoons
- 1/2 teaspoon dried orange peel or 1 teaspoon finely grated fresh orange zest
- Heat up the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a big baking sheet with aluminum foil; spray with cooking spray.
- Beat egg white in an average bowl as it is foamy. Fold in almonds until evenly coated. Spray with smoked salt, orange peel, and rosemary leaves, and toss until evenly distributed. Spread nuts in a single layer on arranged baking sheet.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until toasted and it looks dry, stirring once or twice in the middle of the cooking process to prevent nuts from sticking jointly. Let cool for at least 10 minutes before serving, or store in an airtight pot for up to 3 days.
Read About: Christmas Salad Packs a Flavorful Punch
Three-Cheese Mini Macaroni and Cheese Bites
This healthy and tasty recipe with a topping of the macaroni bites with Parmesan and refrigerate it overnight for Jolly Good Christmas Party. The recipe needs an extra time for baking completely. Let’s know its recipe.
- 1/2 pound elbow macaroni
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter, plus melted butter for greasing the tins
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded (about 1 packed cup)
- 4 ounces deli-sliced American cheese choppedOne large egg yolk
- Two tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked Spanish paprikaTwo slices thick-cut bacon (about 3 ounces), cooked and chopped
Read About: Mini Christmas cakes
- Let’s start making tasty recipe. Heat up the oven to 425°F. Brush the wells of four 12-cup, tiny muffin tins with soft butter. Shake over two tablespoons of the parmesan cheese.
- In a big pot of boiling salted water, cook the macaroni, about 5 minutes. Drain, shaking off the excess water.
- In the meantime, in a big saucepan, melt the 1 1/2 tablespoons of butter over average heat. Beat in the flour and cook for 2 minutes. Beat in the milk and cook as it is thick, about 5 minutes. Put in the cheddar and American cheeses and beat. Off the heat, beat in the egg yolk and paprika. Fold in the bacon and macaroni.
- Fill the wells of the muffin tins to the top with macaroni, using damp fingertips to pack the macaroni into the tins. Sprinkle the remaining parmesan on top.
- Bake the mini macs in the upper and middle thirds of the oven for about 10 minutes, as it is golden and sizzling, rotating the pans halfway through cooking. Let cool for 5 minutes. Using a spoon, carefully loosen the mini macs, transfer to a platter and serve.
Did you make this recipe?
Share this recipe with your friends and family members. Remember to leave your feedback in the comment box below.
What's Your Reaction?
Farida is well educated and experienced Article writer.She loves to write about different topics.She loves writing and doing different kind of yoga poses because she is a great yoga trainer and beauty expert.She starts her day with amazing yoga exercises and blog writing .