Lentil Salad recipe is magically amazing and very healthy for you and your family. Let’s know about its easy, quick and simple recipe.
Read About: Indian Spiced Rice Lentil Salad
The salad is very healthy for us. The word salad is derived from Latin word “sal” comes from French, which means salt or salty. It’s a fantastic recipe called Top 5 Healthy and Best Recipes of Salad. Salads are used in different kinds of foods items which include fruits, vegetables, grains, and eggs, etc. Salads may be served at any time during the meal such as appetizer salads, dessert salads, and palate-cleaning salads.The salad is a small dish composed of a variety of different uncooked raw vegetables, fruits, meats, etc. usually consisting of green vegetables.
Types of salad
Usually, salads are many kinds, but these are the main types of salad which we use in our daily life.
- Chicken salad (Worldwide)
- Arab salad (Arab cuisine)
- Cobb salad (USA)
- Egg salad (Worldwide)
- Fruit salad (Worldwide)
- Macaroni salad (Worldwide)
- Vegetable salad (worldwide)
- Green salad (global)
- Bound salad (global)
- Main course salad (global)
- Dessert salad (global)
- Cheery dump salad (global)
- Tomato Feta Salad (global)
A Gloriously Green Brussels Sprout Kale and Lentil Salad
For the dressing:
- Two tablespoons dijon mustard
- Six tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Two tablespoons honey
- Juice of 2 lemons
- a generous pinch of kosher salt
For the salad:
- 1 cup (7 ounces) beluga lentils
- 9 ounces kale (about one large bunch), center ribs removed and thinly sliced
- 1 pound 2 ounces brussels sprouts, finely shredded
- Kosher salt
- 1/2 cup (2 1/2 ounces) dried cranberries
- Four clementines peeled and cut into small wedges
- 1 cup (3 1/2 ounces) toasted pecans, coarsely chopped
- Beat jointly the mustard, honey, olive oil, lemon juice, and salt as it is emulsified. Adjust to the flavor.
- Wash and drain the lentils. Put into a saucepan with 2 1/2 cups water and boil it. Decrease temperature to maintain boiling and cook for 15-20 minutes as it is smooth (keep an eye on them for the last few minutes to make sure they don’t overcook and lose their shape). Drain the water off, put it into a medium mixing bowl, and fold in about 1/3 of the dressing. Season to flavor with salt. Let it to cool before adding to the salad.
- Put the kale in a big mixing bowl with some pinches of salt and rub with your fingers as dark in color and faintly become softer. Done in the brussels sprouts, cranberries, pecans, and most of the remaining dressing, and toss to coat. Season to taste with salt. Done in the clementine wedges and lentils, and gently stir (add these last as these are more delicate than the other ingredients). Add more dressing if necessary and serve.
I hope you must have enjoyed reading this recipe. Share it with your friends and family members. Remember to leave your feedback in the comment box below.
What's Your Reaction?
Farida is well educated and experienced Article writer.She loves to write about different topics.She loves writing and doing different kind of yoga poses because she is a great yoga trainer and beauty expert.She starts her day with amazing yoga exercises and blog writing .