A liquid food especially makes with a meat veggies and fish stock as a base and often containing pieces of solid food. Soup is very healthy diet. It is helpful in cold and flu season. Soup is a heartwarming favorite idea for lunch on a cold weather. Here I will tell you special soup recipe of the people of Mediterranean island of Sardinia, Italy — and has been known by Guinness for their long life. Hope you must make it and enjoy fully! Jointly, they seize the record for the maximum joint age of any nine siblings, at 828 years collectively.This soup recipe will help you live to 100.
What’s their top secret? Possibly they eat a soup, one they’ve eaten daily for lunch in entire lives, explains Dan Buettner, writer of The Blue Zone Solution.
The writer had explained the secrets of the Melis’ eating recipe, which has all the ingredients of a long, hale and hearty life. A portion of the soup has a cup of beans to add three to four years of long life, olive oil with antioxidants, and anti-inflammatory garlic, between other powerful additions.
Buettner explains “And they ate it for decades, “We’re wrong in this thought that there’s one super-healthy diet. This soup shows they were never eating unhealthful foods for lunch, it was energetic so they weren’t starving , and it tastes fine so people attach with it and make it an eating routine.”
Let’s try making the Melis’ soup yourself so as to live long.
Read about: Chicken Wild Rice Soup
- ½ cup dried cranberry beans
- 1⁄3 cup dried chickpeas
- 1 medium yellow or white onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and chopped (about 2⁄3 cup)
- 2 medium celery stalks, chopped (about ½cup)
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 7 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes (about 3½cups)
- 3 medium yellow potatoes, peeled and diced (about 1½cups)
- 1½ cups chopped fennel
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup finely grated pecorino Romano (about 2 ounces)
- ½ cup dried peeled fava beans
- ¼ cup loosely packed fresh Italian flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
- 2⁄3 cup of Sardinian fregula, Israeli couscous, or acini di pepe pasta
Read about: Top 3 Delicious and Healthy Soups with Shrimp
Marinate the fava beans, cranberry beans, and chickpeas in a big bowl of water for at least 8 hours or up to 16 hours. Drain in a colander set in the sink. Wash well.
Temperate 3 tablespoons of the olive oil in a huge soup jar or Dutch oven set over medium-high heat. Insert the onion, carrots, and celery; cook, moving frequently, until it is soft but not browned, about 5 minutes. Mix the garlic and cook until aromatic, about 20 seconds.
Mix in the tomatoes, potatoes, fennel, parsley, and basil, as well as the drained beans and chickpeas. Add sufficient water (6 to 8 cups) so that everything is submerged by 1 inch.
Move up the heat to high and boil it fully. decrease the heat to low and boil slowly, exposed, until the beans are tender, adding more water as essential if the combination gets too thick about 1½ hours.
Mix in the pasta, salt, and pepper. Add up to 2 cups water if the soup seems too dry. Carry on simmering, exposed, until the pasta is gentle, about 10 minutes.
Pour 1 tablespoon of olive oil into each of four serving bowls. Separate the soup between them and top each one with 1 tablespoon of the grated cheese.
Read about: Italian Orzo Spinach Soup
- You can differ the beans in the minestrone: two-colored beans create a good alternate for cranberry beans or attempt using huge northern or cannellini beans instead of the favas.
- Use the stalks and fronds that come off a fennel bulb for the strongest flavor. No fluffy fronds on the bulb? Insert a teaspoon of fennel seeds to the aromatic vegetables you sauté to start the dish.
- Adjoin other fresh vegetables from the garden or market, such as zucchini, cabbage, green beans, and cauliflower or broccoli florets.
- Want a stronger tomato taste? Mix in a tablespoon or two of tomato paste. You get the thought!
I have shared a very healthy soup recipe for you hope you like it give me you feedback Thanks.
Read about: Ham and Bean Soup