This recipe is very healthy which is Moroccan Carrot and Chickpea salad. It is very easy and quick recipe for you. Make it for your friends and family and enjoy this recipe. Carrots are the great source of fiber and other vitamins. Let’s know about this method.
Nutrition in Moroccan Carrot and Chickpea Salad
This salad recipe is magically healthy for you. The salad is very healthy for us. The word salad is derived from Latin word “sal” comes from French, which means salt or salty. Salads are used in different kinds of foods items which include fruits, vegetables, grains, and eggs, etc. Salads may be served at any time during the meal such as appetizer salads, dessert salads, and palate-cleaning salads.
The salad is a small dish composed of a variety of different uncooked raw vegetables, fruits, meats, etc. usually consisting of green vegetables.This recipe is full of nutrition and very healthy for you and your family. Carrots are very healthy for you. Carrots are also a good source of vitamins K, and C. Vitamin K maintains your blood’s ability to clot. It is splendid and efficient for bone strength and kidney health.
One medium carrot contains eight mcg of vitamin K. One medium carrot also contains 6 percent of your daily value of vitamin C, which is associated with a healthy immune system and strong teeth and gums. Vitamin C can also help your body soak up iron from plant foods and be able to help battle free radicals. Carrots also are the great source of Vitamin C which provides collagen manufacture in the body. Collagen is an excellent source of protein that is vital for the continuation of skin suppleness. It helps avoid wrinkles and stresses the process of aged. Vitamin A, being antioxidant, also attacks the gratis radicals to prevent cipher of aging like wrinkles, pigmentation, and a rough skin tenor. Carrots are a vitamin-rich origin vegetable.
Yield: Serves 4
Cook Time: 25 minutes
- 4 cups grated carrots
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- Seven Medjool dates pitted and chopped
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- Three tablespoons olive oil
- Four scallions, white and green parts, cut
- 1/2 cup shelled roasted pistachios, coarsely chopped
- Zest and juice of 2 limes
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/2-3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Put the carrots, chickpeas, dates, scallions, and cilantro into a big bowl.
- In a little mixing bowl, beat the olive oil, lime zest and juice, cumin, nutmeg, turmeric, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper jointly.
- Transfer the dressing over the carrot combination and toss to coat. Shake over in the pistachios and feta cheese and toss lightly.
- Serve or cover and chill in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Did you make this recipe?
Share this recipe with your friends and family members. Remember to leave your feedback in the comment box below.