India is a country with incredible natural beauty secrets. Indian women are known for their glowing skin and glossy hair. These are secrets that have been passed through generations, lovingly shared by our mothers and grandmothers. I’m sure all of you remember your mothers encouraging you to use gram flour face pack or turmeric or just rose water and other natural things at home for your skin and coconut oil for your hair,rather than the chemical laden products available in the market. It is the same reason why brides and grooms have ‘Haldi’ (turmeric) ceremonies before the marriage, because of the natural glow it imparts to the skin.
Similarly, one of the oldest, widespread and most important pre-wedding traditions in Indian marriages is the ‘Bridal mehndi’, where the bride-to-be adorns her hands and feet with magnificent henna designs while men just apply a circle as a token. Apart from just being an ornament, mehndi also has a cultural significance to Indians. The deep color represents love, bonding, and fertility. The henna herb, on the other hand, represents soothing coolness and has several medicinal characteristics. With time, the traditional mehndi has grown more intricate and decorative in its designs with a variety of design types available to choose from. And when it comes to the bride, these designs are given a unique touch to make her look and feel unique.
If you are looking for beauty secrets that offer no false promises and can do wonders, then this post is for you. We tell you step-by-step as to how you can pamper yourself and look yourself by using age-old Indian beauty secrets. Read on!
1. How to do Gold Facial at Home for Oily Skin
The use of gold powder on your face can provide miraculous benefits to the skin, gold being a soft metal. It helps by improving blood circulation, reducing the production of melanin and thus lightening the complexion, reduces pigmentation and sunburn rejuvenating the skin.
To do this facial at home, follow the simple steps described below:
- Begin with cleaning the face with baby oil using a piece of cotton or using hands. This removes any remnant impurities on the outer skin surface.
- This is followed by a cleansing process using the glow gold cleansing gel which imparts a golden glow to the skin much preferred for special occasions.
- Expose the skin to high steam for five minutes to enable opening of pores and enabling better nutrient absorption by the skin surface.
- Wipe off with a cotton cloth and using a glow gold cream, massage the facial skin for 5-10 minutes. This provides the skin with softness.
- Apply glow gold scrub to the face and rub gently to exfoliate dead skin and then wipe off with a damp cotton cloth.
- Dark circle mask is then applied to the eyes to reduce eye bags, puffiness and to remove dark spots and patches from any part of the skin.
- Evenly apply the glow gold face pack to the skin and leave it on for 20-30 minutes.
- Wipe off and finish with spraying rose water onto the face.
- You can see a visible difference in the way you look immediately!
2. Extraordinary Bridal Mehndi Designs for Weddings
Bridal mehndi’s are special. The skill of applying mehndi to a bride cannot be acquired in a day but gradual practice can get you there. Follow this video to know the most popular mehndi trends of today and how it is done.
Bridal mehndi designs today are customized uniquely for brides to make them look apart and that is what today’s brides’ preferences are too. The most commonly done designs for brides today is the ‘Dulha and Dulhan’ design with bride and groom drawings or the wedding procession drawing (horses or elephants on which the groom sits and makes his way to the wedding), instruments like shehnai, dol (drums) etc. that marks the beginning of the ceremony or Hindu gods and goddesses or wedding cards or even sceneries as these are in trend today and are wanted by the brides. The sceneries may include an imagination of a bride sitting under a tree and the groom coming to meet her or they’re holding hands together while enjoying nature or anything depending on the artists’ credibility and bride’s wishes. The depiction of the wedding ceremony and things concerning them marks the beginning of the celebration and provides a feeling that the wedding has already started. These combined with peacocks, swans and flower motifs inherent to Indian mehndi designs truly impart a rich design onto the brides’ hands making her feel distinct and special.
3. Bridal Bangles
An Indian bridal look essentially has 16 components which are called the solah shringaar and bangles are the most prominent of the lot. They come in different shapes, sizes, colors, patterns and materials, just the way you want them to be. You get a gazillion options to choose from when you actually set out to purchase your wedding set. Now, like I always say, every state in India has its own specialty when it comes to the wedding attire. So when it comes to the designs, you just can’t generalize.
The beauty of Indian women is recognized all over the globe. When you talk to an Indian woman, the image that comes to your mind is one of exotic beauty – A demure, coy expression with traditional makeup, glowing brown skin, sharp features and incredible eyes with gleaming hair framing the face. While you have to be born with the features, all the rest are traits that can be easily acquired.