Read about: Coolest igloo Christmas cake
This cake recipe is full of nutrients as it has dry fruits and many other healthy ingredients. The cake is everyone’s favorite dish. Eggs are full of protein food and are very healthy for your kids. One egg has almost one-third of protein requirements for the day. Keep hard-boiled eggs in the fridge they can remain for seven days, or scramble an egg and roll it up in a flour tortilla, or use eggs in breakfast it is very healthy for your kids.
Read about: Christmas Cake With Royal Icing
- 3 large eggs
- 300g (10oz) plain flour
- 250g (8oz) butter, softened
- 250g (8oz) light muscovado sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp ground mixed spice
- 500g (1lb) dried mixed fruit
- 410g jar of mincemeat
- 4 tbsp brandy
- 20cm (8in) round or 18cm (7in) square cake tin, lined with baking parchment
When unwrapping the cake to decorate, an extra couple of tablespoons of brandy can be spooned over it to add extra.
Read about: Mary Berry Christmas cake
- To make sure the cake positioned in the center of the oven put one of the shelves just below the centre of it. Set the oven to 140°C/280°F/Gas Mark 1.
- Smash the eggs into a bowl and add the rest of the ingredients, except for the brandy. Beat the combination as it is soft, then spoon it into the lined cake tin. With a wet hand, press the mixture into the tin and smooth on top, so that it’s level.
- Bake the cake in the centre of the oven for 3 – 3.5 hours, or until the cake feels firm to the touch and a skewer comes out clean after being inserted into the cake.
- take away the cake from the oven and place the tin on a wire rack. Leave the cake to cool for about 15 minutes, then spoon over the brandy. Leave it to cool totally in the tin.
- Remove the cake from the tin and peel away the lining paper. Wrap it in clean baking parchment and then foil, and store in a cool place for up to 3 months, until ready to cover with icing and decorate.
Read about: Ice Cream Sandwich Cake
Did you make this recipe?
Share this recipe with your friends and family members. Remember to leave your feedback in the comment box below.