Snoring is highly common, however, if you experience loud snoring and feel tired during the daytime, then it could point towards sleep apnea. It is serious health condition in which the sufferer stops breathing during sleep for short intervals. Not paying attention to this disorder can make it severe, proving dangerous for the well-being of an individual.
That is why so much emphasis is spent on treating sleep Apnea without any delay. However, before discussing the possible treatment options for sleep Apnea, it is crucial to understand its symptoms.
Types of Sleep Apnea
- Obstructive sleep apnea is that the most typical variety of apnea. It happens once the soft tissue within the back of your throat relaxes throughout sleep and blocks the airway, usually inflicting you to snore loudly.
- Central sleep apnea: could be a lot of less common variety of apnea that involves the central systema nervosum, occurring once the brain fails to signal the muscles that management respiratory. Individuals with central apnea rarely snore.
- Complex sleep apnea: could be a combination of clogging apnea and central apnea.
Sleep Apnea Signs and Symptoms
Sleep apnea might appear like a habit of scoring initially. Carefully analyzing the condition of an individual and looking for a few important signs can help to determine if it is sleeping apnea.
- Loud snoring is common among the sufferers of sleep apnea, which is also accompanied by choking, gasping or snorting during sleep.
- Short pauses in breathing may occur, forcing the person to wake up due to shortness of breath. As this condition interrupts sleep, the sufferer might feel sleepy and fatigued during the daytime, which can further affect his health and performance.
Causes of Sleep Apnea
If rightly diagnosed, sleep apnea can be treated with the help of effective natural methods. This condition is treatable, and a few lifestyle changes can help to get rid of moderate or mild sleep apnea. Some of these self-help remedies have been mentioned below.
- Being overweight is one of the prime causes of suffering from sleep apnea. This is because the extra tissue located on the backside of the throat can block the airway, thus restriction airflow. Thus, losing weight can help a person considerably to reduce, as well as eliminate this condition.
- Individuals who smoke a lot are also among the sufferers of sleep apnea. As inflammation is caused in the throat due to smoking, it can lead to the condition of sleep apnea. Besides this, smoking is responsible for fluid retention which is another contributor of this disorder. Quitting smoking is considered to help such people in the treatment of sleep apnea.
- Similar to smoking, consuming alcohol, sedatives, and sleeping pills can cause sleep apnea. Some people have the habit of drinking these things before bedtime, which can make the muscles relax and thus restrict proper breathing, thus leading to sleep apnea.
- Caffeine is also said to disrupt your sleep cycle, and thus, excessive consumption of the same should be avoided as well.
Treatments of Sleep Apnea
- Adopting a healthy lifestyle is the key to treating this condition, as well as keeping other health problems at bay.
- Regularly exercising can benefit you a lot, as it has the direct impact on the quality, as well as the duration of a person’s sleep.
- Along with that, regular exercising also promotes weight loss and improves metabolism.
- You can opt for aerobic, yoga or try any other form of exercise you feel comfortable doing.
In case the remedies mentioned above do not prove to be useful for treating sleep apnea, then a visit to the doctor should not be delayed. The Proper medical evaluation might be required to determine the right method for treating this problem and its underlying cause.