Very easy and enjoyable dish for you on Valentine ’s Day. As it has a flavor and color, here are 2 Easy and Healthy side dishes for your Special Occasions
Beet-Pickled Deviled Egg
Ingredients for Beet-pickled deviled egg
1 cup apple cider vinegar
1 can pickle beets
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon of salt
1 tablespoon of peppercorns
1 teaspoon of Dijon mustard
½ teaspoon of curry powder
1 tablespoon of mayonnaise
2 tablespoon of olive oil
1 tablespoon of vinegar
Salt and paper according to taste
Fresh rosemary for garnish
- First of all, hard boil your egg and remove shells, put the eggs aside.
- Now take a bowl or jar and add the whole can of pickled beet, sugar, salt, peppercorn, and apple cider vinegar, mix all the mixture properly.
- Now carefully add egg into the brine mixture.
- Cover the bowl and wait for 12 hours or 2 days. If you dip for more time, then you will get more dark color.
- When you have taken out the egg from brine, cut the egg from the center into two pieces.
- Scoop out the egg yolk in a separate bowl, Add mustard, curry, mayonnaise, vinegar, salt and paper and olive oil.
- Add some water and mash the mixture until mix properly.
- Finally take a plastic bag or pastry bag and fill with mixture.
- Pour the yolk mixture back into the colored egg with the help of bag.
- Sprinkle some chopped fresh rosemary and some salt and paper according to taste.
Roasted Beet Soup with Fennel and Orange
As I am making a side dish for Valentine day, then beet is my favorite due to its beautiful color. Beet always looks superb and attractive on your dining table, and when you want to make something special like on Valentine ’s Day, then the color of beet is best for you.
Ingredients for Roasted beet soup with fennel and orange
2-pound beet peeled and cut into cubes
1 fennel bulb, cut into wedges
½ teaspoon of dried thyme
Salt according to taste
4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
2 garlic cloves
4 cup vegetable stock
½ teaspoon of red wine vinegar
1 cup orange juice, fresh, reserve zest for garnish
- First of all, preheat your oven to the temperature of 400 F.
- Take a baking sheet and pour beet and fennel.
- Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil, black paper, salt and thyme on the feet and fennel.
- Mix all the ingredients and roast the beet for 45 minutes are until tender.
- Now take another pan and add olive oil and onion, cook over medium heat for 15 minutes or until onion becomes soft.
- Add garlic and cook for more time.
- Then finally add fennel, beet, and vegetable broth, cook all the ingredients.
- When it boils, turn the heat on low and cook for 15 minutes more.
- After that blend all the mixture and add orange juice and vinegar.
- Mix well and pour into a bowl.
- Garnish with zest and fennel fronds and serve.